Savory Chicken and Dumplings
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Serving: 6 servings per recipe
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
Two cups diced cooked chicken
½ cup unsweetened almond milk or rice milk
Five tbsp cold unsalted butter
One thinly sliced celery stalk
Two diced medium carrots
One minced small yellow onion
1¼ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 pound trimmed green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ tsp rosemary
½ tsp thyme
Three drops of sriracha sauce
One bay leaf
One tbsp parsley
¼ tsp celery seed
Two tbsp chopped fresh parsley and some for garnishing
½cup unsweetened rice or almond milk
One teaspoon of baking powder
1. Melt three tablespoons of butter in a wide saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, celery, and
carrots in the saucepan until they are translucent. It should take around 4 minutes.
2. Cook, constantly stirring, for 1 minute. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously as you add the broth.
3 Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken, green beans, and spices.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. For making the dumplings, combine one cup of flour, baking powder, and two teaspoons of parsley in a
7. Add two butter and almond milk tablespoons to the bowl and mix well. Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter on
the chicken mixture using a large spoon.
8. Cover and cook for 12 minutes so that the dumplings are cooked through.
9. Serve with more chopped parsley on top.