Crunchy Quinoa Salad
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Serving: Serves 8 (1 serving = ½ cup)
One tbsp grated lemon rind (zest)
Four tbsp olive oil
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ head lettuce, separated into cups
1 cup rinsed quinoa
2 cups water
Five diced cherry tomatoes
½ cup seeded and diced cucumbers
Three chopped green onions
¼ cup chopped fresh mint
½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1. Quinoa should be rinsed under cold running water until clear, then drained thoroughly.
2. Toast quinoa for 2 minutes in a pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
3. In a separate container, boil two cups of water.
4. Cover and reduce the heat.
5. Simmer for 8–10 minutes.
6. Allow cooking for a few minutes while fluffing with a fork.
7. Combine the seasonings, lemon juice, zest, and olive oil with tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Toss in the
quinoa that has been allowed to cool.
8. Place the mixture in lettuce cups and top with parmesan cheese.