Creamy Coconut Yogurt
Yogurt can sometimes be made from a variety of different mediums. Coconuts are cultured in this case to produce an incredibly creamy backdrop for your favorite fruit or garnish. Coconuts are high in healthy fats, giving this tangy treat a luxurious mouthfeel. Exceptionally healthy and delicious? This is a winning combination!
2 cups young Thai coconut meat, from 3−5 coconuts
1 cup coconut water
1 teaspoon probiotic powder or 1 tablespoon Rawesome Rejuvelac (see recipe in Ch. 14)
1. Open the young Thai coconuts with a large knife. Pour off water and set aside. Scoop out meat, being careful to discard any bits of shell.
2. Place coconut meat and coconut water in a blender and process until very creamy.
3. Transfer to a glass container. Stir in the probiotic powder or Rawesome Rejuvelac.
4. Cover the container with a towel or a piece of cheesecloth, secured with a rubber band. Allow to sit for 4−8 hours at room temperature.
5. Check for tanginess before serving. Store the mixture in a glass container with a tight lid, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.