Chicken Pot Pie Stew
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Total Time: 70 mins
Serving: Serves 8 (1 serving = 1 cup portion)
Boneless and skinless fresh chicken breast 1½ pounds
low-fat Cheddar cheese1 cup
low-sodium chicken stock 2 cups
canola oil ¼ cup
Flour ½ cup
sodium-free Italian seasoning 1 tbsp. (e.g., McCormick)
Better Than Bouillon® Chicken Base (low sodium) 2 tbsp.
fresh frozen sweet peas ½ cup
heavy cream ½ cup
1 frozen piecrust, cooked and broken into bite-size pieces
diced fresh carrots ½ cup
diced fresh onions ½ cup
diced fresh celery ¼ cup
black pepper ½ tsp.
1. To tenderize the chicken, pound it and cut it into small cubes.
2. Cook for 30 minutes on medium-high heat with the chicken and stock in a big stockpot. Meanwhile, whisk
together the oil and flour until thoroughly combined.
3. Then, pour and stir slowly into the chicken broth mixture when slightly thickened. For 20 minutes, reduce
the heat to medium-low or low.
4. Black pepper, Carrots, celery, onions, Italian seasoning, and bouillon should all be added at this stage. Cook
for a total of 15 minutes more.
5. Remove from heat and stir in peas and milk. Stir until it is well combined. Pour into mugs and top with
equal cheese and pie crust as a garnish.
TIP: Freeze pounded chicken breasts for 30 minutes before cutting them into cubes for easier cutting. Fresh
meat or poultry should be refrigerated or frozen as soon as possible, preferably within 2 hours of purchase or
Alternative crock-pot preparation:
1. Preheat the crock pot to maximum and cook for 4 hours.
2. Cook for 5 minutes until carrots, onions, and celery are translucent in oil.
3. Add the flour and constantly stir for about 3 minutes or paste forms.
4. Combine the chicken, stock, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and bouillon in a large mixing bowl. Stir until
it is well combined.
5. Cover and cook for about an hour, stirring once. Stir in the cream and peas about half an hour before the
end of the cooking time. For the last 30 minutes of cooking, cover and stir occasionally.
6. To eat, top with piecrust bits and cheese.