Bourbon-Glazed Skirt Steak
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 70 mins
Serving: Serves 8 (1 serving = 3 ounces)
Grapeseed oil 2 tbsp.
Dried oregano ½ tsp.
Smoked paprika ½ tsp.
Black pepper 1 tsp.
Red wine vinegar 1 tbsp.
skirt steak 2 pounds
diced shallots ¼ cup
chilled and cubed unsalted butter 3 tbsp.
bourbon 1 cup
dark brown sugar ¼ cup
Dijon mustard 2 tbsp.
Black pepper 1 tbsp.
1. Brown shallots in 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to low, remove the pan from the heat, and add the bourbon before returning to the
3. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the liquid has been reduced by one-third.
4. Stir in the brown sugar, mustard, and black pepper until the mixture is bubbly.
5. Turn off the heat and mix in the remaining 2 tablespoons of cold, cubed butter until thoroughly combined.
1. In a gallon-size sealable storage container, combine the first five ingredients, add the steaks and shake well.
2. Allow 30–45 minutes for the steaks to marinate in the bag at room temperature.
3. Remove the steaks from the bag and grill for 15–20 minutes on each side, then set aside for 10 minutes to
4. Slice and serve and drizzle some sauce; leave whole and brush with glaze before broiling for 4–6 minutes or
until the desired appearance is achieved.