Blackberry Bran Muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 – 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
2 cups wheat flour
½ tsp nutmeg
1 ½ cups wheat bran
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
1 cup blackberries
1 tbsp grated orange rind
2 tbsp oil
½ cup molasses
½ cup raisins
½ cup sunflower seeds or chopped nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the bran, flour, nutmeg, and baking soda using a fork.
3. Combine the blackberries, orange rind, raisins, seeds, or nuts in a mixing bowl.
4. Pour one orange juice into a two-cup measuring cup and add buttermilk to make two cups.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine molasses, oil, and eggs with the buttermilk.
6. Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ones in a few quick motions.
7. Fill muffin tins two-thirds full, then bake in an oiled muffin pan for at least 25 minutes.
8. When baked fully, remove and serve.