Basmati Rice with Sweet Onions and Summer Herbs
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 6 servings per recipe
Two cups chopped sweet onions
2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock or water
Two tbsp finely chopped dill
Two tbsp finely chopped tarragon
Three tbsp finely chopped flat-leafed parsley
Two tbsp margarine
1½ cups basmati rice
1. Put aside after rinsing rice in cold water until the water runs clear.
2. The margarine is to be melted over medium heat in a big saucepan.
3. Cook the onions until translucent, around 5 minutes.
4. Bring the rice and 2½ cups stock (or water) to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and cover.
6. Cook for 15 minutes so the rice is tender.
7. Take off from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes, covered.
8. Add the herbs.
9. Season with salt and pepper.