Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
Total Time: 60 mins
Servings: 12 servings per recipe
One tbsp melted unsalted, non-hydrogenated margarine
½ cup unsalted, non-hydrogenated margarine
2 tsp cream of tartar
¾ tsp baking soda
Five cups of white flour
Two and a quarter cups of water
1. Heat the oven beforehand to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a big bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour and fill it with liquid, oil, or margarine. Then, with a spoon or fork,
gently stir it in.
4. Continue to add liquid until a soft dough ball develops.
5. You may need to add more liquid or flour as you continue mixing.
6. Ensure enough flour on the side of the bowl to knead the bread, and then pat it into a bread pan.
7. Knead the dough for about a minute in the bowl.
8. Flatten the dough in a bread pan of your choice.
9. On the bread, make a cross and then cut it into pieces. The cut is around a quarter-inch deep.
10. Remove from the oven. To make it soft, spread margarine on top.
11. Allow cooling after covering with a clean dish towel.