Adobo-Marinated Tilapia Tapas
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Serving: Serves 12 (1 serving = 4 wonton cups)
3-ounce pieces of tilapia filets 6
small wonton wrappers 48
Nonstick cooking spray
Mayonnaise ½ cup
chopped fresh garlic 1 tbsp.
Sliced fresh green scallions ¼ cup
Rough-cut fresh cilantro leaves ¼ cup
fresh cabbage 4 cups (shredded slaw mix)
lemon juice ¼ cup
Spanish paprika 3 tbsp.
Oregano 1 tbsp.
Chopped fresh cilantro 3 tbsp.
Black pepper 1 tsp.
Red pepper flakes 1 tsp.
red wine vinegar ½ cup
extra-virgin olive oil ¼ cup
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Set aside after thoroughly mixing all of the adobo ingredients.
3. For 30 minutes, marinate the fish fillets in 12 cups of adobe sauce.
4. Preheat oven to 410° F and bake fish for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove the dish from the
oven and set it aside.
5. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine mayo, remaining adobo sauce, garlic, scallions, and cilantro until
well combined. Mix in the cabbage until it is evenly covered.
6. Using cooking spray, coat a miniature muffin pan. One wonton wrapper should be used to line the muffin
7. Remove crispy wontons from the pan after 5 minutes of baking at 350° F.
8. On equal portions of wontons, place equal amounts of fish (cut or broken into 48 pieces) and equal amounts
of slaw mix. Serve with cilantro leaves as a garnish.